ANNOUNCING THE AESTHETICA CREATIVE WORKS COMPETITION
I hope this email finds you well. My name is Bryony Byrne and I am the Marketing Officer for Aesthetica Magazine. Aesthetica is one of the UK’s leading arts and culture publications and engages with critical debate and contemporary artistic trends. I am getting in touch today because we also run a Creative Works Competition and I thought that your members at Navan Camera Club might be interested to learn about the opportunity.
We are really keen to see photographers from Ireland well-represented in the competition and it is a fantastic opportunity for both new and established artists to nurture their reputations on an international scale. Previous finalists have achieved success and recognition with accolades including: writing commissions from Channel 4, selection to represent Australia in the Florence Biennale, exhibitions at DACS (London), John Martin Gallery (London), Flores Fine Art Gallery (New York), inclusion in the International Drawing Competition exhibition (Poland) and the National Geographic International Photographic exhibition.
Given the versatile nature of photography, it is always a popular choice in the competition and I would be really grateful if you could pass the details below on to your mailing lists and any other interested contacts:
Aesthetica Creative Works Competition 2010
The Aesthetica Creative Works Competition is now open for entries! Aesthetica Magazine is inviting all artists, writers and poets to submit their work into the Aesthetica Creative Works Competition 2010. Now in its third year, the Creative Works Competition is dedicated to celebrating and championing creative talent across three disciplines, identifying new artists and writers and bringing them to international attention.
- The Competition has three categories, Artwork & Photography, Poetry and Fiction.
- Winners and finalists are published in the Aesthetica Creative Works Annual.
- Winners of each category receive £500 prize money plus other prizes.
- Entry to the Creative Works Competition is £10 (apx. ?12).
- The entry fee allows the submission of 2 images, 2 poems or 2 short stories.
- The deadline for submissions is the 31st August 2010.
- More guidelines on how to submit can be found online at http://www.aestheticamagazine.com/submission_guide.htm
Many thanks for your time and I do hope that your photographers will be interested in the opportunity.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance at all.
PO Box 371
Keep up to date with arts and culture news on the Aesthetica blog at aestheticamagazine.blogspot.com