Navan Camera Club Internal Competition Rules and Guidelines 2019-2020
- Total of six monthly competitions in the year.
- End of Year competitions: “Print of the Year”
- Three Themed Competitions (Red, Circles and Portraits)
- Three Open Themes
- Submission and Judging dates are as given in the Club Programme.
Image format: Print & Digital
Categories : Novice Intermediate, Senior
- Club members will have their entries judged in one of three sections;
- Novice, Intermediate or Senior depending on their membership category.
- For the monthly competitions members can enter up to four image;
- these can be either as colour or monochrome images, (except for any competition theme that is listed as B&W / red or any other non-colour theme), or a combination of both.
- At least one of the images MUST BE printed and mounted.
Monthly Competition Entries
- Entry is free into the monthly competitions.
- Entries will be collected from 7.30pm, before the club meeting, two weeks prior to the judging night.
- Prints must be mounted, with only your membership number and image title written on the back.
- Prints must be a minimum of 10” (250mm) on the longest side. e.g. 8”x10”, 8”x12”, A4 or larger.
- Square format images are the exception and can be printed a minimum of 8” e.g 8”x8” or larger.
- Maximum mount size not exceeding 20” x 16” (508mmx 406mm)
- Digital images should include your membership number (starting with 0, e.g. 0XX) and the image title.
- Digital files must be no larger than 1920px on the long edge, and no larger than a max of 100dpi.
- Members are responsible for resizing their images before submission, (the Club cannot resize or edit any image being submitted for competition).
- Digital files must be brought on the night on a clean USB key.
- No watermarks on the digital image
Print of the Year Competition
- Members can enter two prints into the “Print of the Year Competition”.
- The images must have been entered into the monthly competitions.
- No Entry Fee.
- Open to all categories.
- The judge will give comments on the images and mark each one out of 20 points.
- 10 points for technical aspects and 10 points at the judge’s discretion.
- For each monthly competition there will be an overall winning image from each of the three categories, in both Print and Digital.
- The overall winner in each category will receive a prize.
- There will be a photographer of the year in each category. This will be determined by summing the point given to the highest scoring image from each member for each competition. Five out of the six competitions will be used to determine the final score.
- All images must have been taken by the member who submits them for the competition.
- The image must not have been entered in any previous NCC club competition.
- Framed images not accepted.
- It there is a doubt as to which way up your print should be then put an arrow or write top on the back to show the correct orientation.
- All images submitted must be made available for the purpose of external club competitions.
- Digital images submitted will be used on the NCC website to showcase entries.